The post holder will be required to work 37 hours per week and will work directly with adoptive families throughout their journey to adoption. In addition, the successful applicant will contribute by supporting and promoting the development of the service and maintaining a high standard of professional practice.
To work directly with adopters throughout the assessment process. This will include attending recruitment campaigns, providing a duty system, delivering Information sessions, preparation groups for adopters and additional training programmes as required. Engaging in the Initial and comprehensive assessments of adopters and supporting them through the matching process, placement of child/ren until the adoption order is granted.
To build strong working relationships with Locality teams and with partner agencies to best represent the Regional Adoption Agency and children who have adoption plans.
Together for Adoption is a Regional Adoption Agency hosted by Wigan Borough Council which provides adoption services across Cheshire West and Chester, Halton, St Helens, Warrington and Wigan Borough Council footprints.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**