We have an exciting opportunity for an agency social worker to join our Adoption Service, which is delivered by the Regional Adoption Agency (RAA), Adoption NoW. We have a full-time position (37 hours) available to cover maternity leave absence. Contract will be initially for three months and would be subject to review thereafter (possibly up to twelve months with agreement).
Though employed through Blackburn with Darwen Council, you would be seconded to the RAA. Team members are currently working from home and office bases. We are continuing face to face visits with service users and cover office duty as a minimum. The office base for this post is based at 10, Duke Street, Blackburn but your work will take you across the Adoption Now locality and will include working from the Bolton Hub.
Adoption Now combines local authority adoption teams from Blackburn with Darwen, Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Rochdale and Tameside with VAA’s Caritas Care & Adoption Matters to deliver outstanding adoption services across the region.
You will join a committed and innovative team comprising of experienced social workers from all six local authorities. The role specified has the responsibility for the recruitment, assessment, training and support of prospective adopters.
You will have a strong commitment to achieving the best possible outcomes for looked after children; be registered with Social Work England and preferably have post-qualifying experience in a statutory childcare setting, ideally including work in an adoption service. Specific experience in adopter recruitment is desirable but all applicants must have particular strengths in report writing, social work analysis, and confidence as a trainer. The role involves the preparation of extensive reports for Panels and Courts,(PARs and Annex A’s for example) and delivery of preparation groups to prospective adopters, virtually and in person, where possible. You will have knowledge of relevant legislation, statutory guidance and national minimum standards including the Children Act 1989 & the Adoption and Children Act 2002.
The role requires the ability to manage and prioritise the demands of a busy caseload and complete work to target timescales. Work must be reliably recorded on the appropriate systems. Evening and occasional weekend work is required, as is distanced car travel. There is an expectation that you will be part of the team duty system on a rota basis and contribute to the development of team initiatives.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**