Role is based at Worcester Royal Hospital within the Onward Care Team supporting discharge. Currently the team work a 7 day service covering the hours 8am-6pm which is split into shifts. The role is not working from home and the expectation would be that the Social Care worker would be office based.
Main Job Duties:
· To work with adults, using a strength based approach, who may have a wide range of care and support needs and require support to reduce and manage identified risks.
· To work in partnership and engage other professionals to ensure there is a multi-agency approach which enables the adult and/or their carer to live as independently as possible.
· To meet statutory requirements including best practice in relation to the principles of the Care Act 2014 and the Mental Capacity Act 2005
· To fully engage in reflective practice, demonstrating you are an active member of the team.
· To identify adults and carers who may be at risk and support safeguarding procedures, alongside a qualified social worker
· To participate in a range of meetings with adults and carers’ and exchange information, participate in decision making, with support, and review progress.
· To carry out meaningful conversations which determine eligibility under the Care Act (2014).
· To engage with adults and their carers using a strengths-based approach to identify available resources to meet their needs (wherever possible).
· To build to excellent and effective relationships with other agencies and the local community to sign-post when appropriate.
· To develop creative support plans which focus on the outcomes of adults to promote their independence and ensure Care Act (2014) needs are met in a way which helps to maximise this.
· To gather and analyse from a variety of sources that will provide an informed judgement for the decisions you make
· To have an awareness of potential deprivation of liberty and seek management support.
· To promote the welfare of Children and discuss any safeguarding concerns with the line manager.
· To consider eligibility for Continuing NHS Healthcare, completing CHC Checklists and referring on to request that a full Decision Support Tool is completed and contributing to this appropriate.
· The Social Care Worker will undertake duty responsibilities in line with the requirements of the team.
· The Social Care Worker must maintain accurate records in-line with the Adult Services’ Recording Policy
· To prepare and participate in reflective practice and supervision
· To make financial decisions within the boundaries of Adult Social Cares Devolved Decision Making Policy and seek support and authorisation for decisions above the level set
· The Social Care Worker must be committed to continuing professional development.
It is essential that the post holder has:
· Detailed knowledge and understanding of community resources and how to access these
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge and understanding of strength-based assessment and support planning principles
· Working knowledge of IT packages such as Microsoft Office
· Demonstrable understanding of the Care Act (2014), Mental Capacity Act (2005) and safeguarding
· The ability to liaise effectively and build productive working relationships with other agencies and providers
· The ability to plan and prioritise own workload effectively
· Good numeracy skills
Qualifications & Development
Level 2 qualification (e.g. NVQ2) in health and social care or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience
Level 2 qualification (e.g. GCSE A to C) in maths and English or demonstrable equivalent
To have attended relevant courses and training in health and social care
Level 3 qualification (e.g. NVQ2) in health and social care or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience
What’s on offer for?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A recognised qualification (NVQ Level 2 or above in Health and Social Care) and experience of working in s
- The drive to succeed and make a difference.
- A valid enhanced DBS with Adult Barred List Checked.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed (if required)
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**
** Candidates must have a valid enhanced DBS which is preferably on the update service and be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years.