A Social Worker is required for the Children with Disabilities Team (CWD) in St Helen’s Council. The interim social worker will be expected to manage a case load of Child in Need, and potentially Children we Look After, and Child Protection cases. CWD accepts referrals for children with severe and profound disabilities and/or complex medical needs who require assessments of need and who may need social care packages of support. The social workers in the team will be responsible for establishing social care packages of support, for example direct payments or via commissioned services. We also safeguard the children supported by the team which can result in the initiation of safeguarding procedures, through to court proceedings and long term looked after children's work. We work closely with the SEND team and health professionals, for example the complex needs nursing team. We require a senior social worker who has at least 3 years experience of working in a children's social care setting managing CIN, CP and CLA cases. Ideally the candidate will have worked with children with severe or profound disabilities but this is not an essential criteria. We require staff who have a working knowledge of Liquid Logic and who can demonstrate compliance with statutory responsibilities. We also require staff who have passion and determination to provide a quality and timely service to children and families. In return we can offer a case load that is below the lower threshold expected of the service, regular supervision and a positive, supportive, and welcoming team.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**