Social Worker – Support and Protect (CP) – base at Altrincham
Trafford Council require 2 experienced social workers for our Support and Protect (South) Team
What we can offer:
- Hybrid working available with office base at the Altrincham Health and Wellbeing Centre – expectation to work in the office at least on a Thursday for the team weekly meeting
- ‘Nobody has an unmanageable caseload – average caseloads are 19-20'
- Support and training matches that of permanent workers – agency workers are encouraged to attend and utilise
- Free office parking
- Lovely purpose built office space in Altrincham
- Will consider full time, part time or condensed hours – work life balance is important to u
Will consider 1+ years statutory experience
The south team is made up of a TM, AP, 4 social workers, a very experienced support worker and student SW – the team are really friendly and supportive.
Here in Trafford we are ambitious for our children and our practitioners. We want all children and families to benefit from high quality and purposeful relationships with professionals. We believe this will help create the best opportunities to empower change.
Our vision is that at all levels, our interventions make life better for children and families and we have the core value of ‘would this be good enough for my child’
We also believe one of the most effective ways to improve the outcomes for children and families is through providing our practitioners and managers with the best conditions in which they can thrive.
We are currently recruiting qualified social workers to our Support and Protect Team
Support and Protect (localities) – As we have created a dedicated Child in Need Service, this has allowed us to create a dedicated service to work with children and families when things escalated to Child Protection in the Support and Protect Service. Are you passionate about the longer term and complex work of child protection, clear and child focused plans, formal partnerships and risk management? Perhaps you have smart report writing skills, are you skilled as a witness in court? Or maybe you think you have the resilience, and confidence to learn.
Our commitment to you
We believe that when you come to work within Childrens Services in Trafford, we have a responsibility to you to provide the right tools to undertake the role you are appointed to.
We are committed to ensuring that your workload is manageable. This isn’t necessarily a specific caseload number as we all know that in our practice numbers don’t always reflect the complexity of the children and families you are working with. Manageable workloads are therefore critical for managers to support you with and to confirm priorities through discussion and supervision. We do have performance management reporting of caseloads and therefore at all levels we are responsible for monitoring this across the service.
There will be times where there is a level of flexibility required to meet the needs of the service or for individual children you work with, particularly in times of crisis. We will ensure that you are able to take additional hours back quickly so that you have the balance within your work and home life.
One of our practice led improvements has been to refresh our supervision framework which has been a really exciting piece of work. We commit to offering monthly formal supervision that is both reflective and supportive but that also provides clear advice/guidance/direction to you.
A note from Pamela Wharton, Director of Early Help and Social Care.
“Thank you for showing your interest in a role here in Trafford. I hope that you find the information we have provided helpful and that you feel that Trafford is somewhere you want to come and work.
Trafford is a great place to work but we are striving to make it even better. To be at this point in our improvement journey in being able to invite applications for new opportunities in new service areas is incredibly exciting.
I look forward to receiving your application. I firmly believe together we can truly make a difference”
5 years reference, gaps in employment history checked, any relevant quals as per JDPS
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**