Exciting opportunities have arisen to join the EDT within Bury Council!
1x ad hoc shifts as and when needed
1x full time 37hours per week – 6 month minimum
The hours for the role are normally worked on a rota basis, and attracts a period of 9 days off every 3 weeks.
Please see below for a brief overview of what the role entails:
• To provide an Emergency Social Work Service to Children, Adults and their families across the Social Care Service as required, including discharging statutory and non-statutory duties on behalf of the Local Authority.
To provide advice, emotional support and practical interventions to people facing crisis situations outside of day time office hours.
To investigate allegations of abuse and neglect of children and young people and take appropriate safeguarding action in accordance with Bury Safeguarding Children Board procedures.
To respond to adult safeguarding concerns in accordance with the adult safeguarding procedure.
• To undertake assessments under the Mental Health Act, 1983, [as amended 2007].
We support working flexibly and agilely where appropriate for the post and service requirements.
Continued support from Hub Managers will always be available should you need it.
If this sounds like an opportunity you’re interested in, we want to hear from you!
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the ‘Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**