This is a fantastic opportunity for a Team Manager or an aspiring Team Manager to join Manchester City Council as we continue our improvement journey.
You will have experience of providing reflective, supportive professional supervision to your team, support staff learning and development, and motivate and influence the team to provide high quality work to improve outcomes for our children and families. You will be a member of an established, experienced and supportive management team.
The Children with Disabilities Teams work covers all of Manchester. The work is varied and supports children and their families though Child in Need, Child Protection and we also work with Looked After Children. This is a specialist team who provide support for Our Children and Families where there is a child in a family with a disability.
This role will lead and manage a social work team ensuring the service provided is effective and delivers positive outcomes for children and their families ensuring that the social workers you have responsibility for meet the statutory requirements set through legislation, national and regional guidance in respect of children in need, child protection, looked after children and care leavers.
Promote and govern excellent practice and develop excellent practitioners
Supervise staff and resources within the team as part of the delivery of high quality services to children and families according to the aims, targets and objectives of the service.
Ensure the team understands and adheres to the Quality Assurance Framework, including ensuring that the relevant case audits are undertaken, and that continuous improvement is evidence based and includes learning from SCR’s and research to inform practice and decision making
Ensure effective assessment, risk management and child protection and care planning protects the most vulnerable
• Must hold a recognised social work qualification.
• To be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
• Must hold a current valid Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in Social Work and experience of supervising and managing teams.
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or other opportunities please visit www.jobs.Semester.co.uk to apply or feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285*