• Ideally have knowledge and experience of undertaking the duties of the Lead Local Flood Authority & have knowledge and experience of responding to planning applications on behalf of the Lead Local Flood Authority, including an understanding of the planning process and knowledge of the NPPF.
• knowledge and experience of working on FCERM projects. have knowledge of the duties of other risk management authorities.
• You will assist in managing and take a significant role in the undertaking of feasibility studies, conceptual, preliminary and detailed design, procurement and monitoring of the construction of a range of civil engineering and highway projects;
• You will have a working knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation (including the Land Drainage Act and The Flood and Water Management Act), standards and procedures. Possess an extensive working knowledge of standard engineering & water industry specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement;
• You will be required to liaise with Clients, Stakeholders, and the public on projects;
• You will be able to demonstrate recent experience in the following:
The ability to deal appropriately and effectively with external organisations, statutory bodies and clients;
Undertaking feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems, and identifying of options;
Working knowledge of the relevant legislation and guidelines including the SuDS Manual, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes and Codes of Practice;
Initiative and ingenuity in solving engineering problems;
Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, both at a general and technical level;
Working capability to use AutoCAD, Causeway Flow & WinDES and GIS software in the preparation of designs and drawings.
You must have:
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the ‘Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**