ROLE: Children’s Social Worker
TEAM: Locality/MASH and Through care and After
CONTRACT: 3 months with potential to be extended
RATE: £25+ph umbrella tbc
QUALS: Social Work degree and SWE registration
Key Purpose of Post
- To safeguard children including those at significant risk of harm , assess and manage risk and undertaken critical decision making including taking professional responsibility for decision making
- Contribute to the provision of Social Care Services in the community and other settings.
- Provide an effective Social Work service including assessment, case planning and reviews.
- Operate a Social Work service within departmental policy, practice and procedures.
This Job Profile relates to case holding social workers in the following teams:
· Throughcare and After Care
Main Responsibilities of Post
1. To provide a Social Work service to individuals, their families and carers by assessing and identifying their needs and meeting them through direct therapeutic work, care planning and management. To be able to integrate a theoretical approach with practice.
2. Provide expert witness and give evidence to court and other relevant bodies as required, including evidence in court in proceedings and including the presentation of reports and application of appropriate Legal Orders.
3. Manage a caseload; exercising decision making in line with professional criteria and making sure that case work is appropriately planned, critically evaluated and reviewed.
4. Make appropriate use of legislation to safeguard and promote the welfare of service users, facilitating their consultation and participation.
5. To contribute to multi-disciplinary assessments and participate in reviews and planning meetings.
6. Ensure appropriate care for service users. To ensure the best use of existing mainstream and specialist resources, and to demonstrate innovation with these resources, where appropriate.
7. Accept responsibility for and supervision of service users who are provided with care services and review such cases, undertaking preventative work with them to diminish safeguarding concerns.
8. Work in partnership with other agencies and organisations in line with the responsibility outlined in this job profile, in order to fulfil the provisions of a Social Work service. Maintain contact with a wide range of statutory and voluntary sector professionals for information exchange, the exercise of judgment and in order to influence outcomes in case planning and decision making.
9. Investigate concerns of significant harm.
10. To maintain up to date, accurate, concise and purposeful records of work, in-line with departmental policy on recording and access to files.
11. To participate continuously in professional development opportunities, identifying and acting on learning needs and taking part in regular supervision and appraisal in-line with Social Work registration and HCPC standards.
12. Independently manage own workload seeking support and investigating solutions for workload difficulties.
13. Provide support and mentoring for newly qualified staff and volunteers as required, assisting in the development of new resources and work on specialist projects.
14. Apply Social Work ethical principles and values to guide your professional practice and decision making, including partnership with service users.
15. To act in accordance with the priorities and policies of the Department, actively promoting and supporting Council policies on equality and work in an anti- oppressive manner.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**