Senior Practitioner Post for Intermediate care Intermediate Care bed based units for KMBC are situated in St Barts and Appleby Nursing Home. A senior practitioner is required to oversee social workers within the Intermediate care team and provide support around care management, supervisions, attendance at MDT etc. The Social workers role within Intermediate care is to facilitate discharges from the Intermediate Care setting following a Social Care Needs Assessment. The Social Care professional liaises with the service users allocated therapist, family and other relevant professionals to facilitate a safe, timely discharge from the intermediate care bed based unit. In the event that a service user lacks capacity the social care representative will coordinate a best interest meeting with relevant professional and parties representing the service user. The social care staff will support service user to return back to their place of residence ensuring that their immediate therapy needs are met to function as independently as possible within the home environment. When service users have returned to their usual place of residence, the Social Care representative will review the service user within four weeks of discharge from the intermediate care setting to ensure the care needs are being met and identify any further potential to maximise independence
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**