We are currently recruiting for an experienced Family Support Worker to join the Family Time Team in Barnsley.
This position is:
* Full time – 37 hours per week
* Initial 6 month contract, with the possibility of extension
If successful, you will:
– provide supervision of family time (contact) between children in care and their families
– transport children to and from family time sessions
– document observations of the sessions
Some flexibility is required to meet the needs of this service, with a requirement to work early evenings (up to 7pm) on occasion.
The successful candidate will be innovative, creative and have the interests of the child and family at the heart of their work. You will be committed and motivated, ensuring that children and their families are prioritised. You will have experience of developing positive working relationships with children and families. You will be familiar with strengths-based approaches and will have strong clear professional boundaries. You will be able to make positive collaborative relationships with other professionals and agencies. You will be flexible, willing to work when necessary outside office hours, reliable and able to make positive relationships with colleagues and partners. You will need good written skills, excellent verbal communication skills and a willingness to transport children.
You must have:
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the ‘Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**