We are recruiting a agency Social Worker to join our Urgent care Social Work team (Wythenshawe hospital). We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated applicants who will thrive in a busy work environment. You will be required to arrange safe and timely discharges both from an acute and community setting as per the Discharge to assess model of assessment. Assessments will need to be completed within agreed timescales to ensure best possible outcomes for people.
You will manage a varied caseload, which will include capacity assessments, best interest decision making, Care Act assessments, safeguarding investigations, and being part of a duty rota. You will deliver exceptional social care to the adults we are supporting and their carers and promote choice and control as much as possible. You will need to operate within an agreed performance management and budgetary framework.
The team is looking to appoint an individual who is motivated to challenge current ways of working and is enthusiastic to engage in adopting strengths based, person centered assessments.
A significant part of your role will be to engage in outcomes focused and preventative conversations which build on the strengths of people and their local networks.
In addition you will be required to provide an effective response to safeguarding enquiries and support for people with impaired capacity to make decisions.
To commence end April 2022 initially till 30/06/22
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the ‘Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**