RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Community Support Worker JOB PURPOSE To attend, as part of the caring team, to the personal (e.g. social, emotional, physical. intellectual) needs of the service users, in line with the individual service user’s care programme enabling them, wherever possible, to live independently in their own homes by carrying out tasks they are unable to do for themselves. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES 1 Attend to the personal needs of service users and undertake scheduled checks in line with agreed care programmes. Encouraging service users, where possible, to undertake these physical tasks for themselves, e.g. dressing, washing, feeding service users and administering non-invasive medication. 2 Contribute to the assessment of service users by carrying out assessment tasks and by maintaining and updating records as required. 3 Contribute to discussions on Individual Care Programmes for service users, and being a key worker when required. 4 In the event of situations likely to threaten the safety or security of service users implement the initial action within defined procedures and report to the Senior Community Support Worker (SCSW). 5 Undertake simple domestic tasks and additional duties as identified by the SCSW with due attention to health and safety legislation and appropriate hygiene standards. 6 Liaise with service users and helping service users to maintain contact with family, friends and community in a professional manner, whilst respecting confidentiality at all times. 7 Participate in the delivery of social activities as identified on care programmes, or as directed by the SCSW. Notwithstanding the detail in this job description, in accordance with the Council’s Flexibility Policy the job holder will undertake such work as may be determined by the Director/Corporate Manager from time to time, up to or at a level consistent with the Principal Responsibilities of the job and in any location within the Borough of Cheshire East.
You must have:
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 3 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the ‘Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**