Mental Health Social Worker
Trafford Council and its partners in the public, private and third sectors are embarking on a Vision which sees us working together to close inequality gaps and maximise Trafford’s huge potential. Our vision is working together to build the best future for all our communities and everyone in Trafford
Trafford really is a great place to work. With a positive permission culture, we embrace innovation and encourage performance. We’re keen to recruit someone with the right values and behaviours that can help us ensure our workplace values are at the heart of everything we do
We currently have an exciting vacancy within our Adult Community Mental Health Teams (North and South Localities) to enable us to strengthen our response to people experiencing mental health difficulties either caused by or exacerbated by COVID 19. You will bring new and innovative ways of meeting assessed needs and promoting positive outcomes for service users and their families and carers.
Social Work values and experience are highly valued in our mental health settings. A committed and passionate individual will compliment the existing CMHT staff group.
Your style and approach will reflect our values and behaviours: you will be committed to continually learning & improving the way you do things to ensure effective outcomes; valuing and respecting others’ contribution, you will work with other professionals and colleagues to deliver the best possible service; you will take ownership of your actions and strive to getting things right first time and learn from when things do go wrong; you will enjoy taking personal responsibility to resolve issues and change what you do and how you do it to make a difference.
Your social work values and experience will enhance the rights-based approach to mental health care and support, you will deliver a solution based, outcomes focus to assessed need. You will be a highly motivated, want to make a difference pursuing learning opportunities to develop your skills and role.
About the Role
You will be a skilled and reflective practitioner able to work alongside service users to make robust assessments and care plans which mitigate the impact of the pandemic on individual’s mental health. You will provide rapid, effective access to support. You will work with people on a short-term basis to resolve their difficulties preventing any further worsening of their situation and to prevent crises.
You will work as a member of the CMHT promoting social work values and you will be confident working in multi-agency settings to develop care plans that include contributions from all agencies.
You will be joining a highly supportive and motivated team with a commitment to learning and practice development. You will receive regular supervision.
Some flexibility may be required outside core hours.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults,
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**