To undertake the key worker role and implement care plans, devise behaviour management
plans ,risk assessments and health plans with support; this ensures children are cared for consistently.
To ensure that all children’s files are kept up- to- date and any remedial action is taken
Promptly. This not only ensures information held on children is accurate, it contributes to the inspection process.
To supervise the day to day physical and emotional needs of the children in accord with
Racial; Cultural; Religious; linguistic and dietary needs. This ensures children and young people are supported to go to school, enjoy leisure activities, stay healthy and also safe.
To participate in the development of Trainee Residential Practitioners. Sharing knowledge and experience with new starters.
To adhere to all the requirements in relation to the Safe Handling of Medication and follow all relevant procedures in line with Departmental Policy. Make sure children receive any medicines at the right dosage and at the prescribed times.
To ensure confidentiality of information in line with the Data Protection Act.
Responsibility to ensure that all mandatory training is undertaken and kept up –to –date.
Job Dimensions: To provide day -to –day 24hr care to a group of young people, some may
Have physical or learning disabilities /Autism. Some may have suffered neglect or abuse. All
are likely to display some challenging behaviour.
It will be working unsocial hours and shifts on a rota including some weekends and
Tasks will include some shopping, cleaning and cooking. Assisting children with their
Personal care and hygiene. Carrying out tasks a parent would do.
To obtain, transmit and record information both verbally, written and electronically.
To engage in physically activities and tasks including walking, bending moving and handling
And leisure activities with young people.
Responsible for access to petty cash and /or amenity monies for outdoor activities.
Responsibility for young people’s belongings and money. Access to equipment and property
Used in the course of duties.
Supervising children/young people overnight on trips, holiday’s as required.
Able to be mobile to attend meetings, appointments at Doctors, Schools, Social Work
Offices across the District as required.
Undertake training as required.
If this post has decision making responsibility outline its extent:
Decisions within policies and procedures in relation to the day to day running of the unit and appropriate responses to the basic care needs of service users.
Required to have : Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Workforce
( Equivalent ; NVQ 3 Caring for children and young people, NVQ 3 Early years and
Education: NVQ 3 promoting Independence. Certificate in Residential Care.
BA in Social Work. NVQ level 4 Health and Social Care. CSS, Degree in Youth and
Community Work; Degree in Childhood Studies )
· Contractors visiting to undertake repairs
· .Taxis or transports for young people
· Visiting relatives/ friends , hospitality.
· Residential Practitioners, Managers and volunteers.
· Visiting Elected Members showing around the home.
· OFSTED Inspectors and contribution to the Inspection process.
· Social Workers to communicate care planning and statutory reviews
· Education and Health Professionals; achieving positive outcomes for children.
· Partner Agencies. e.g Police Multi- agency working and Safeguarding.
· Wider Community promoting the service and problem solving
· Line Managers and Senior Managements – Reporting procedures.
You must have:
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 3 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the ‘Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**