ROLE: Family Support Worker
CONTRACTS: 2/3 months with potential to be extended
PAY RATE: £11ph + approx umbrella
QUALS: Level 3 Health & Social Care
We work directly with children, young people and families, providing practical help, advice and guidance on issues affecting family, relationship and functioning, complete short breaks assessments and support plans care. This will include assessment visits, direct work attending TAC and EHC review meetings at family homes and other designated venues.
• Knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework and policies in relation to safeguarding children and SEND.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly in writing assessments and SMART support plans for young people;
• Proven experience in demonstrating your impact on families in achieving positive outcomes for children and influence the professional networks that you work with;
• Innovative and positive engagement with children and families in their assessments and SMART support planning and a passion for delivery of high-quality services and interventions to vulnerable children in partnership with a wide range of agencies.
• Evidence of professional development;
• Knowledge of safeguarding and SEND
• The ability to use IT;
• Working as part of a team;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Willingness to improve practice of self and others;
• An enhanced DBS is required.
Working as part of a team undertaking direct work with children and families, to promote and safeguard their welfare, in accordance with their appropriate plans and strategies.
To work with young people aged 16 yrs – 25 yrs who are or have been looked after or accommodated by a Local Authority in order to assist them to live an independent life in their community
Working in an anti-oppressive way and ensuring equality of opportunity to ensure that young people receive appropriate levels of support
What’s on offer for the Support Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 2 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**