Social Worker required to cover sick leave on the children with disabilities team. Post holder will work with a range of children who have disabilities, but are also either children in need, children in need of protection and cared for children. The post holder is expected to have an understanding of short break and direct payment legislation.
The role benefits from the support of an experienced permanent team manager and advanced practitioner and is a stable and experienced team, currently entirely permanent workforce.
The post holder will benefit from free parking and access to all internal Wigan Training and development opportunities.
The post holder will have a manageable caseload of children with disabilities or life limiting impairments. This will be children in need, children in need of protection and children who are cared for by the local authority. The post hold will also be expected to complete short break assessments and reviews and represent the team at EHCP Reviews.
It would be preferable (but not necessary) for the post holder to have experience of working with children with disabilities.
The post holder will benefit from an experienced team manager, advanced practitioner and senior social worker. The team are based at Wigan Life Centre South (address below) and have a hybrid approach to working with 2 days based in the office in Wigan.
The post holder will have access to training opportunities and FREE parking
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children’s
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**