Liverpool is a big, ambitious, diverse and vibrant city, and we are looking for suitably qualified Approved Mental Health Professionals to join our busy, supportive and dedicated AMHP team working either part time or full time hours. The team operates on a 24/7 basis to co-ordinate and undertake Mental Health Act assessments on behalf of Liverpool City Council. The team also provides a centre of knowledge, expertise and experience to support and mentor colleagues in relation to working with appropriate legal frameworks. You will be an experienced AMHP; with extensive knowledge of the Mental Health Act, related legislation and hold and promote high practice standards in your role and in the wider team. Having confidence in supporting the team’s relationships with key partners and of promoting the rights of people who use services and their carers are key attributes for team members. You will enjoy supporting and developing AMHP practice within the city; taking an active role in creating a learning environment and acting as a Practice Assessor for AMHP trainees. The team works on a shift basis; including nights. The rota is arranged to ensure team members have opportunity to participate in team meetings, training and reflective supervision. The team provide 24/7 service which include weekend and night working. Liverpool City Council is committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and believe that the decision to appoint should be based upon whether an individual’s skills, experience, qualifications, and abilities make them the most suitable candidate for the role. All applications for jobs in the service of the Authority will receive equal treatment irrespective of their race, gender, marital status, age, disability, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**