Blackburn with Darwen Children’s Services require an experienced Qualified Children's Social Worker to work in the Assessment/Safeguarding/CP team on a full time basis – Monday to Friday – 37 hours per week. Over 3 years post qualification experience is desirable. You must have a current Social Work England registration and be looking to renew this. Experience in using Protocol Liquid Logic is desirable but not essential, and it is highly desirable to have good IT inputting skills.
The main areas of work will be Assessment, Child Protection and Court work plus some Child In Need work. The role entails outcome-focussed SMART planning and good electronic recording skills to ensure the statutory social work service is fulfilled, alongside standard tasks – completing key assessments, carrying out stat visits, leading Core Group and CIN meetings, and writing good quality Court reports etc.
Managers are easily available to access for advice and support and the building is Covid Secure and open plan with meeting rooms.
During the current pandemic, there is a 'bubble' arrangement for staff in the department as per a rota with a mixture of working from home and in the office as required. This arrangement may require some flexibility at times, as you will be required to follow any requirements to meet the service needs.
There are virtual meeting arrangements using Microsoft Teams with all social workers provided with a tablet and smartphone, plus free car parking behind the building when working from the office site.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**