An opportunity has arisen to complete Adoption work, you will be required to undertake statutory visits to the child placed in the adoptive home. Experience of writing Child Permanence reports would be of advantage, as well as completing Annex A Suitability to Adopt reports. Experience in completing life story books and writing later in life letters would also be of advantage.
We work closely with the Adoption Lancashire & Blackpool in family finding for children in achieving permanence; attending matching meetings and case management for the placement of our children with adoptive families
Travel across the UK will be a necessary part of the role when required
You will be supported by the team manager with regular supervision and support provided.
This is a 3 month temporary post
Candidates must be able to meet the following criteria:
· Experience and demonstrable skills in engaging children/young people through a variety of direct workmethods
· At least 2 years’ experiencein statutory children’s social work
· Good understanding of safeguarding children processes
· Experience of court work
· Experience of managing a varied and complex case load
· Ability to write concise,fit for purpose reports/court statements and ability to maintain up todate and accurate records.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Experience of inputting into children’s services data systems (Mosaic;ICS)
· Ability to be flexible, resilient and reflective.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**