We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and highly motivated MASH social worker who shares our aspirations for children and young people in Oldham. You must be passionate about securing good outcomes for children, young people and families and have a sound knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance. We need you to have the ability to liaise and negotiate with members of the public, internal and external partners as per working arrangements of a MASH. Interpersonal skills to deal with conflict in a confident yet sensitive way are essential
You will work as part of a multi-agency team and complete triage activity, within specified timescales, seeking and sharing information with partners in line with GDPR, speaking with parents, carers and children to gain details and enable strong evidenced based decision making in line with our practice standards and statutory duties. You will identify and respond appropriately to any safeguard concerns that are identified, ensuring the immediate decision making reflects an analysis of risk and protective factors. You must have the ability to work under pressure whilst ensuring practice is child focused.
– ensure child is the focus of contact
– take calls from professionals, parents and members of the community
– Collate information from partner agencies and process information
– input information on operating system
– have understanding of consent
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**