The Adult Safeguarding Team is a district wide service working with people aged 18 and over, including older people and those with a wide range of needs including physical disabilities, learning disabilities and mental illness. This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting challenge within the area of adults services. You will need to have a good working knowledge of The Care Act 2014 and related legislation and it is desirable to have direct experience of adult safeguarding enquiry work. Applicants for this role must be qualified to a Degree level or equivalent and be registered as a Social Worker with Social Work England. You must be an experienced social worker with a minimum of two years post qualifying experience. Working as part of the Adult Safeguarding Team you will be a champion for adult safeguarding within the organisation
• Provide specialist advice and co-ordination
• Respond to concerns and make S 42 enquiries.
• Where necessary develop robust safeguarding plans
• Work with a person subject to abuse in promoting their rights and delivering Making Safeguarding Personal agenda
• Work with individuals who are posing risk
• Co-ordinate who will lead on S42 Enquiries
• Work closely with both our statutory and wider partners. You will receive excellent support and supervision.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the ‘Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**