This is an exciting time to join an established team of Independent Reviewing Officers. Within children’s services it has been identified that we need dedicated professionals to deliver a specialist service for our most vulnerable children. The focus of the role will entail Chairing Looked after reviews, quality assuring care plans as well as chairing Child protection Conferences
It is acknowledged that this will be a challenging role but the reward will be in tracking the progress of planning and recognising the impact on achieving outcomes for children and young people with improved life experiences. Equally, you will need to be prepared to challenge when progress is not achieved within the timescale of the child.
We are looking for applications from experienced qualified social workers with an ability to unpick complex information, hold strong communication skills with an ability to facilitate and chair complex multi – disciplinary reviews and conferences.
This is a small, friendly team underpinned by a culture of trust, mutual support and flexible approach to working arrangements with opportunities to contribute to service development in order to ensure children, young people receive a high standard and quality service. There will also be opportunities to transfer your skills, knowledge and experience in order to support and develop others. In return you will receive high quality supervision, opportunities for continuous professional development and be part a culture that recognises success and achievements. If you feel you are that special person with the enthusiasm, commitment and determination to improve outcomes for children and young people we would love to hear from you.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in Social Work and experience of working with Children
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or other opportunities please visit www.jobs.Semester.co.uk to apply or feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285*