Provide a service direct to children, young people and their carers reflecting their needs and practice/focus of the respective social work team. Provide such direct support, guidance and interventions in consultation with Social Workers/Managers.
• A minimum of 4 GCSE’s A* – C (including Maths and English) or equivalent
• Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce Social Care Pathway (England) or equivalent
• ICT Training
• Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce Social Care Pathway (England) or equivalent
Full time 37 hours per week
Would not accept part time
3 days per week office based
MASH/Assessment and Duty Team
Worsbrough Health Centre (free parking)
Must be a car driver
3 month term
• Provide support, advice and information to children, young people and their families, including the provision of practical assistance.
• To assist social work qualified practitioners in the undertaking of their duties relating to all forms of social care interventions as appropriate.
• Assist in the promotion of good parenting and provide parents and carers with support and information in relation to parenting and the development of children and young people through a variety of means including group work and one to one sessions as required.
• To promote parents ability to provide safe access to play, leisure and learning facilities, within and beyond the home.
• To provide verbal and written reports for use in the assessment and review process as part of work with children and their families, including the provision of reports/statements which may be required in the family court process, child protection or assessment processes.
• To supervise and record observations of contact between looked after children and their families.
• To assist in the assessment and access to appropriate interventions/services for children, young people and their families.
• To maintain up to date recording of all actions taken and to maintain effective electronic case records and other administrative systems.
• To promote user involvement at all stages including their involvement in care planning and review.
• To work in conjunction with colleagues within CYPF and across partner agencies, including the third sector to provide support and advice to children, young people and their families.
• To participate in meetings within the child in need and safeguarding processes and contribute where appropriate to team around the child meetings, acting as a lead practitioner where appropriate.
• Undertake any other duties commensurate with the role as requested by management.
• To promote good enough parenting and provide parents and carers with support and information in relation to parenting and the development of children and young people through a variety of means including group work and one to one sessions as required.
• To lead supervisions and record observations of contact between looked after children and their families.
You must have:
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the ‘Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**