Adults Screening Team – 2x Social Workers needed to start asap
Trafford Council and its partners in the public, private and third sectors are embarking on a Vision which sees us working together to close inequality gaps and maximise Trafford’s huge potential. Our vision is working together to build the best future for all our communities and everyone in Trafford.
Trafford really is a great place to work. With a positive permission culture, we embrace innovation and encourage performance. We’re keen to recruit someone with the right values and behaviours that can help us ensure our workplace values are at the heart of everything we do.
Trafford have been working through a period of change and are excited to offer the opportunity for Social Workers to join the newly established Safeguarding Hub.
About the Role
The Safeguarding Hub has been established to create a central point of referral for all adult safeguarding referrals into the Local Authority. It will be responsible for screening all safeguarding referrals as well as managing complex adult safeguarding cases and providing a response to organisational safeguarding.
Your style and approach will reflect our values and behaviours: you will be committed to continually learning & improving the way you do things to ensure effective outcomes; valuing and respecting others’ contribution, you will work together to deliver service; you will take ownership of your actions and strive to getting things right first time and learn from when things do go wrong; you will enjoy taking personal responsibility to resolve issues and change what you do and how you do it to make a difference.
The successful applicant will work as part of a team, working with adults at risk, providing appropriate and proportionate safeguarding responses across the borough of Trafford in line with current legislation. Experience in working in adult social care and sound knowledge of the current legislative frameworks is essential. The successful applicants will be supported through regular professional and management supervision and will be afforded support to complete training to support development and maintain professional CPD.
This is an exciting time for Adult Social Care in Trafford and we hope you can join us in implementing these new ways of working.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**