Duties: Carry out investigations and planned assessments, providing written evidence based reports for complex cases Provide ongoing advice and support to children and families, including key worker responsibility for at risk children Make sure that plans, agreements and reviewing and monitoring arrangements are made in child care cases, including those with child protection. Be involved in the development of preventative intervention strategies and support services Develop links with other agencies in the locality Identify client needs and be involved with others in examining strategies to meet needs Provide information, guidance and advice on availability of local services and practices relevant to work with children and families Keep accurate and up-to-date records and reports of all contacts with children and families Actively promote the best interests of children and families. Requirements of the Social Worker: Degree or equivalent in social work Current Social Work England registration Significant senior level frontline experience within Children’s Services 2 years' post-qualified experience required
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**