Manchester City council are looking for a social worker to join their team of supervising social workers based within the fostering service. The successful candidate will provide support and supervision to foster carers, enabling them to develop the skills needed to care for looked after children. Supervising Social workers will need to have knowledge and experience of working within child protection or permanence teams, they will need to have experienced in direct work with children and insight into the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences and how trauma affects the young people requiring care outside of their birth family. The service also operates a duty system, supervising social workers will take part in a duty rota and will support in identifying appropriate foster placements for children.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**