We are looking for social workers for our multi agency Complex Safeguarding Hub. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative service and play a key role in safeguarding and working with young people at risk of exploitation across the city of Manchester, including carrying out assessments and delivering bespoke interventions to reduce harm and raise aspirations and achieve great outcomes.
The Hub works with young people who are at risk from child sexual exploitation, child criminal exploitation, gangs and serious youth violence and we have a strong focus on building trusted relationships and a trauma informed approach with young people alongside the disruption of perpetrators. You will work closely with colleagues from GMP and Health and other partners to deliver best possible response to those at risk of exploitation. A key part of the role is to work with colleagues in social work teams across the city to support and advise on exploitation issues and to develop and sustain strong working relationships with a range of partners.
We are looking for individuals with a passion for working with adolescents, who have excellent communication skills and a sound understanding of social work and exploitation and who can be creative and innovative in their work.
This post requires you to be Registered with the Health Care Professionals council and hold a Social Work Qualification.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake a Greater Manchester Police Vetting process.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**