We are recruiting for a Registered Children’s Home Manager to support one of our homes in Leeds.
Salary 32K – 40k Negotiable, + Bonus
We are one of UK’s leading children's specialist social care providers. The Group's services have a specific focus on children who have experienced trauma and abuse.
We are looking for a innovative leader who can provide outstanding levels of care to ensure the young people have the best possible life chances. We want someone with a excellent track record in children’s services with the capability to develop teams and install effective quality systems. You will be given a robust support framework for optimal success.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Registered Managers position requires you to lead and manage a group of staff to ensure they provide the best possible level of care for the young people in the service. We expect the individual to have high expectations of staff and young people and work to exceed the Social Care Common Inspection Framework. You will be responsible for the implementation of all organisational policies at the service and to work with both internal and external partners to provide excellence in service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To provide effective leadership and management by:
- Ensuring that each young person is supported in line with their placement plan.
- Providing high quality care and a culture of safety.
- Ensure staff have clear objectives in line with the children’s needed
- Developing systems in which young people and wider stakeholders are consulted about the quality of care in the service
- Taking a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) position for the service
- Working in partnership with parents and the wider network to ensure effective care planning
- Attending and contributing to relevant meetings
- Enable retention and recruitment strategies
- Ensure the staff team are effectively supervised, developed and ensure conduct is managed in line with policy.
- Ensuring adequate staffing levels that meet the needs of the Home.
- Ensuring that budgets are managed effectively, and the use of finances is properly monitored.
- Ensure all health and safety polices are adhered while ensuring the environment is none institutional and maintained to a high standard.
- To contribute to the development of the service and region by attending regular Head of Homes meetings
- To attend training and have a strong commitment to professional development
- To maintain up to date knowledge of the statutory and procedural frame-work for residential care and communicate this to staff as appropriate.
- To hold Children, Young People & Families Manager Level 5 Leadership and Management in Residential Care (or equivalent) or willing to work towards the qualification.
- It is desirable to have a Driving Licence
- To have a sound working knowledge of childcare legislation and Safeguarding
- To understand the issues associated to looked after children
- To have the ability to work therapeutically and manage challenging behaviour
- To have two years recent experience working with children in the last five years
- To have at least one years supervisory experience