1: To ensure that the Council’s duties under the relevant legislation are discharged in accordance with Council Policy in relation to individual service users, parents and carers.
2: Jo manage and oversee the allegations management process in line with safeguarding / procedures identified in Working Together 2006 Including the identification of those at risk or in need of protection, and determine with the employer the most suitable method of intervention.
3: To engage effectively with all agencies and employers involved with children, young people, their parents and carers, in the delivery of services. To ensure that high standards of customer care are consistently applied across all aspects of service provision.
4: To ensure that the legal/policy/practice requirements, particular to the specialist area in which the post holder operates are fully complied with.
5: To maintain records of work undertaken, case notes etc and to produce reports etc in accordance with established administrative policies and procedures
6: To work effectively with other sections of the Service and other colleagues in other statutory and voluntary agencies in order to provide a comprehensive and appropriate service to children/young people and their families.
7: To collect and analyse information relative to the role and produce reports for Rochdale Borough Safeguarding Board on a regular basis.
8: Chair multi agency allegations management meetings and other meetings as required.
9: To assist and support agencies and employers in their practice by providing advice, guidance , coaching and training in relation to managing allegations that are made against those people who come onto contact with children in their working environment
10: To contribute to areas of practice evaluation and development in line with the post holders areas of expertise and interest and the priorities and demands within the service..
11: To represent the Local Authority as LADO in relation to service development across the region
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**