Our People Values:
To uphold and act in accordance with Worcestershire County Council’s values;
- Customer Focus – Ensure delivery of a high quality service which meet the needs of customers.
- Can Do Culture – Be proactive to achieve excellence, finding solutions and creative ways of working.
- Freedom within Boundaries – Make constructive change through cohesive decision making, ensuring services are responsive.
Purpose of job:
- Support of people using a service for adults with care and support needs.
Main Activities & Responsibilities:
· To assist and support people using the service with personal care and physical tasks e.g. assistance with dressing, washing, bathing and with meals
· Social duties (e.g. talking and helping people using the service to maintain contact with family, friends and community, and recreation) aimed at creating a supporting atmosphere where people using the service can achieve maximum independence. Encourage and assist people using the service with individual and group social and therapeutic activities of the service.
· To participate in the normal domestic tasks connected with the daily routine of the service and the personal needs of the people using the service.
· To enter details of incidents and events occurring during a period of duty in the appropriate records, and to report verbally to the senior member of staff on duty before leaving the premises.
· To report and record significant matters in the lives of people using the service in accordance with the department’s policy to Access to Records.
· To maintain and update care plans and risk assessments with people using the service and senior staff on duty
· To distribute/administer medication as instructed.
· To attend and participate in staff meetings and supervisions.
· To undertake other such duties related to the work of the Council as may be assigned which are consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
· Regular surveillance and observations of people using the service and the building throughout the period of the shift.
· To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training
· To undertake other such duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job
· To undertake health and safety duties commensurate with the job and/or as detailed in the Directorate’s Health and Safety Policy
· The duties described in this job description must be carried out in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and due respect for all employees and people using the service and is consistent with the Council’s Equality and Diversity Policy
· The nature of the work requires duties to be undertaken which will involve lifting carrying and moving for which appropriate training will be provided. The post holder must be able to physically deliver these
· Working with some vulnerable children, young people and adults can, at times, be emotionally challenging for which appropriate support will be provided through management supervision. The post holder must be able to deal with such mental demands.
· This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and / previously met the definition of Regulated Activity (as defined by the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006) and is therefore subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Check (Via the Disclosure Barring Service, DBS) (as defined by the Police Act).
This post meets Regulated Activity (as defined by the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 as amended by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012) and is subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Check (Via the Disclosure Barring Service, DBS) and the relevant children and/ adults barred list(s) checks
You must have:
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**