The Spirit of Salford
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time post within our established Safeguarding and Quality Assurance Unit, based at Sutherland house in Swinton.
This is a full time Independent Reviewing Officer role.
Salford is a good authority with strong and supportive leadership. Staff are proud to work in Salford and this is evidenced within our recent and previous Ofsted inspections. We are committed to recognizing good practice and to continuously improve outcomes for children, young people and families in Salford.
Our values are:
We are looking for an experienced (minimum 5 years) and registered social worker to become part of our Independent Reviewing Officer team, reporting to the IRO Practice Manager within the Safeguarding and Quality Assurance Unit
The successful candidate will be a key member of our team who are proud and passionate about Salford; maintaining high standards and new and innovative practice across the city. We have excellent partnership working, of which the candidate would be key to maintain and develop.
We are looking for someone who can effectively work with others and facilitate a culture of restorative, asset based practice, whilst maintaining good standards and bringing us on the journey to outstanding.
Please see attached the job profile for an outline of the role.
To independently review the care plans for children whom are looked after by the Local Authority. To adhere to statutory timescales. To make recommendations which are focused on improving outcomes for children, and monitor the progression of recommendations in between looked after child review meetings.
To facilitate the effective participation of children and parents within the looked after child review process. To have contact with children, advocate on their behalf when required, and sign post them to relevant advocacy and children’s rights services.
To resolve challenges arising out of the care planning process, in a strengths focused way, in line with the outcomes resolution process. To highlight examples of good practice using the outcomes resolution process.
To contribute to the development of the service priorities within the Safeguarding and Quality Assurance Unit, promoting a focus on children’s lived experiences. To support the implementation and embedment of an asset based and restorative approach to practice within the SQAU.
To work collaboratively and inclusively with colleagues, partners and members of the public ensuring equality of opportunity for everyone and eliminate direct or indirect discriminatory practices/behaviour. To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with service areas and external partners to ensure good practice is maintained and improved.
To complete quality assurance work which will include case file audits and practice observations, to inform an analysis of the impact of practice on the outcomes for children.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in Social Work and experience of working with Children
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or other opportunities please visit www.jobs.Semester.co.uk to apply or feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285*