ROLE: Family Support Worker
CONTRACTS: 3/4 months with potential to be extended
PAY RATE: £12ph + approx umbrella
QUALS: Level 3 Health & Social Care
The Care and Support Service is looking for two (2) Family Support Workers to work within the team providing a quality service to support Wrexham Local Authority case holding social workers working with children, young people and their families.
The service identifies service need alongside the referring case holding social worker which will be beneficial to the children, young people, parents and carers within Wrexham County Borough.
To promote social inclusion and prevent family breakdown by using appropriate considered interventions with children, young people, parents and carers.
To ensure children’s physical and emotional health care needs are met and a positive, healthy lifestyle encouraged. ? To prevent family placement breakdown.
To enable children to benefit from educational and social opportunities.
To ensure that the cultural needs of children are met; including racial, linguistic and religious needs.
To fully consider the gender, sexuality and any disability of children and young people regarding in maintaining their identity and achieving their full potential.
To provide a diverse service that reflects the demographic profile of the area.
working hours are between 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday however there may need to be some out of hours work at times when the need arises in an emergency. The role will involve Providing and facilitating some supervised contacts with children and young people within the care system with their birth families. Promoting and facilitating one to one direct family work and work with children and young people all ascertained by the case holding social worker within the Local Authority. In addition to this supporting Social workers with Care and support cases and child protection cases to ensure drift does not occur and prevent escalation of risk.
What’s on offer for the Support Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 2 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**