We are looking for innovative, child-centred, family focused Advanced Practitioners (Senior Social Workers) to work within our children with disabilities service at Manchester City Council
Our vision is to develop and deliver an integrated specialist children with disabilities services which is delivered locally through co-located teams. Children, young people and their parents and carers will be able to access services through a single point of access.
The Children with Disabilities Team work cover all of Manchester. The work is varies and supports children and their families though Child in Need, Child Protection and we also work with Looked After Children.
About you and your role:
Child/family assessments and direct work
Provide a high-quality service to children with disabilities and their families
Excellent assessment and quality assurance skills, someone who thrives in a fast paced environment.
You must have experienced of working with children with disabilities and their parents/carers.
Knowledge of SEND (processes, services, referrals, support mechanisms)
Understand the role and responsibilities across agencies/partnership
Requirements: This post requires candidates to drive. Therefore candidates must hold a full valid driving licence at all times and your own car for use at work. This post requires you to have a Social Work Qualification and Social Work England Registration.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children’s
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**