Are you ready for a fresh challenge? Do you want to flourish in a supportive, team focused, environment? Would you like to work with people in the community to build on their strengths, promote their independence and achieve their goals? If the answer is yes, then Lancashire County Council wants to hear from you. We have an exciting opportunity within Adult Social Care in the following Team. The post on offer: Role: Social Worker Location: Fylde & Wyre and Lancaster & Morecambe Service: Adult Mental Health Service Team: Older Adults North CMHT Contract Hours: 37 hours
• Undertaking assessments and support planning for social care under the Care Act 2014. This includes signposting as appropriate and assessment of eligibility under the Care Act 2014 • The prioritisation of Care Act Assessments/Support Planning / other social care tasks which are required in order to enable a person to leave hospital and return to the community, to promote recovery and mental wellness.
• Prioritisation of safeguarding referrals when personal welfare is believed to be at risk. This will include the investigation of safeguarding concerns and the development and monitoring of safety plans when appropriate
• Re-assessments of care packages with a view to ensuring that service user outcomes are met.
• Attending CHC/ Joint funded/ section 117 related reviews and responding as appropriate. • Implementing the Care Act within the spirit that it was intended to be used.
• The provision of Social Supervisors and compilation of tribunal reports when appropriate (in relation to tribunal reports, health care staff may be more appropriate if they have a better knowledge of the service user).
• Prioritisation of all requests for AMHP involvement in Mental Health Act Assessments and wider practice.
• Mental Capacity Act related work.
• Accountability / approval for care package expenditure in line with the Local Authority Policy, promoting the use of Direct payments and Personal Budgets.
• Bringing a distinctive social perspective to mental health practice by recognising the role of social factors as antecedents, determinants and perpetuating factors in the experience of mental distress.
• To, along with their multidisciplinary colleagues, promote recovery focused practice emphasizing hope, control and opportunity as core to the culture of mental health services through their practice.
• The commissioning of services on behalf of eligible service users in accordance with policy and procedure.
• To ensure that your practice is underpinned by a sound understanding of the Care Act, MHA, MCA and DoLS legislation and Human Rights Act.
You will be required to provide a car for use in connection with the duties of this post and you must be insured for business use. However, we may consider you if you cannot drive because of a disability. Applications may also be considered by those whose ability to drive has been directly affected by the pandemic owing to DVLA delays and difficulties sourcing lessons. However, this is dependent on the needs of the service and decisions are at the discretion of the recruiting manager. It will be a requirement that anyone who is successfully appointed and cannot drive will be expected to pass their test and provide a car in connection with their business duties within their 6-month probationary period.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**