An opportunity has arisen for a Social Work Practitioner to support Older People in Flintshire, in order to facilitate timely hospital discharges. This position will be based at Glan Clwyd Hospital with an expectation to work across acute hospital settings as required. The post-holder will work within a multi-disciplinary team of Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, and Disability Officers. The post-holder will perform a key role taking a complex caseload ensuring the full involvement of service users and carers in the assessment and care planning process. Also the post-holder will work within a multi-disciplinary and integrated team with Health Colleagues. The post-holder will perform a key role taking a complex caseload ensuring the full involvement of service users and carers in the assessment and care planning process. Our move to locality working means we are well placed to build upon positive relationships with health and voluntary sector colleagues and within local communities. The post-holder will also have the opportunity to work with us as we move towards implementing the new Social Services and Wellbeing Act. This is a positive opportunity for individuals that consider they meet the above requirements and are committed to developing locality working and empowering older people across Flintshire to have their voices heard and maintain their independence. The ability to speak Welsh is desirable As this post will result in you having substantial contact with children and/or vulnerable adults the successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Services check. Registration with Social Care Wales is also mandatory.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**