PA to Assistant Directors within Children Services
37 hours Mon to Fri
Mixture of home working and office working
*Minute taking experience is essential*
Bury Council our vision is working together to build the best future for all our communities and everyone in Bury.
Bury really is a great place to work. We embrace innovation and encourage performance. We’re keen to recruit someone with the right values and behaviours that can help us ensure our workplace values are at the heart of everything we do.
We currently have a full time vacancy within the Directorate Support Office for an experienced and skilled Personal Assistant (PA) to three Assistant Directors
Your style and approach will reflect our values and behaviours: you will be enthusiastic, motivated and have a desire to work with internal and external customers. You will also be a team player who is able to work under pressure, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills plus a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
The successful candidate will have wide experience of working at a senior level within a similar environment and be a highly committed, resilient, adaptable, positive and solution focused person who shares our ethos and cares about children and young people. The successful candidate will have excellent IT, communication and organisational skills and will enjoy working in a busy and varied environment often using their own initiative. They will have the ability to prioritise tasks and be able to work to deadlines, whilst maintaining a professional approach and work with different stakeholders.
You will need to be numerate, literate, punctual and pro-active. You will also evidence high level secretarial skills.
About the Role
As a Personal Assistant to three Assistant Directors in Bury Childrens Services, you’ll be part of team that is going through a period of transformation and has various new projects to accomplish. This role will need to provide a fully comprehensive support service to the Assistant Directors showing initiative, attention to detail and ability to prioritise workloads. It is anticipated that the role will be a mixture of office and home-based working.
Flexibility will be required to work between 8:45am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. There may be occasions where work is required outside of these hours.
As the role is anticipated to be a mixture of office and home based working you will need to have access to Broadband at home and be willing to work from home and have access to an suitable work station.
About the benefits
You will be welcomed into a friendly environment where your personal and professional development will be encouraged. You will have the opportunity to work and grow in a people-centred and values based organisation. Your opinions matter so you will have the opportunity to shape how we do things here at Bury.
What’s on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate, paid weekly.
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Opportunities to work remotely
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Multi agency minute taking.
- Previous experience within the same or similar role.
- Along with your 'Right to Work' documents we will need 2-3 references from previous employers.
- Relevant qualifications/certificates.
- DBS desired (Not essential for all roles)
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**