A duty social worker is currently required. The Social worker will respond to referrals received from MASH and undertake assessments set to timescales no longer than 45 days. A duty social worker will be responsible for identifying needs and working with children and families to offer support and implements plans. The social worker will need experience of working with children and families in a safeguarding setting, and a range of skills and knowledge in dealing with section 47 enquiries, CIN, assessments, planning and working with professionals to support children and their families. The range of work involves working with children on child in need plans for a short term basis until step down, or step up to ICPC at this juncture cases would transfer to the longer term assessment service. The social worker will need to demonstrate effective communication skills and preferably have some experience of signs of safety ( although this is not essential) . The social worker will be able to work from both home and the office ( preferably 2 days a week in office or full week if on duty) . The social worker will work 1 week in 4 of being on duty.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children’s
- Social Work England registration.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**