Post available within the cared for children service. You will join a service made up of 3 individual teams consisting of a team manager, practice manager & 6-7 social workers. You will work with children who are subject to care orders and living in foster care, residential care or placed at home with their parents. Your role will ensure that our corporate parenting responsibilities are met in ensuring positive outcomes for children through placement and educational stability, achieving permanence and promoting family links for children and young people.
You will have a guaranteed 2 week induction period on arrival; you will receive IT equipment; you will receive regular supervision with an experienced team manager.
You will be based at the Denton Centre in Denton, Tameside however we have a hybrid working model by being both office & home based.
There is free car parking available at the Denton Centre.
Office hours are Mon – Weds: 8.30 – 5pm; Thurs: 8.30 – 4.30pm; Friday: 8.30 – 4pm.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**