This is a telephony based customer service role in a busy contact centre, Mon to Fri between 9am to 6pm.
Key Role Accountabilities:
Determine the requirements and needs of the customer and visitors advising them on the most appropriate course of action to support them liaising with other service areas and agencies where appropriate and arranging appropriate assistance where required.
Process a range of customer requests and assist them to complete relevant forms/application in line with service processes and procedures.
Utilise and share service knowledge to enable an efficient and effective delivery of customer service across Manchester City Council.
Update and extract information from IT systems as required and complete relevant documentation following agreed policies and procedures.
Validate documents in accordance with the relevant guidelines, and actively seek to detect and reduce fraud.
Understand and keep up to date with Council policies, relevant legislation and procedures, to ensure advice given to customers is accurate and appropriate.
Accurately process payments for customers in line with Manchester City Council’s Financial Regulations.
Accurately capture data and information using relevant systems enabling Manchester City Council to achieve local and national performance targets.
Proactively identify any potential risks from and to customers accessing the Customer Service team and escalate any issues through the agreed channels.
Use a variety of software packages and systems when dealing with customers enquiries, as deemed necessary by Manchester City Council.
Facilitate customer feedback and assist in identifying solutions to resolve issues to improve service delivery.
Work collaboratively with stakeholders to enhance the delivery of customer service throughout Manchester City Council.
Personal commitment to continuous self development and service improvement.
Through personal example, open commitment and clear action, ensure diversity is positively valued, resulting in equal access and treatment in employment, service delivery and communications.
What’s on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate, paid weekly.
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Opportunities to work remotely
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Previous experience within the same or similar role.
- Along with your 'Right to Work' documents we will need 2-3 references from previous employers.
- Relevant qualifications/certificates.
- DBS desired (Not essential for all roles)
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**