Requirement for a Gr 9 social worker to work within the Safeguarding Team in Denbighshire County Council for a period of at least 3 months. Previous experience of Safeguarding work would be an advantage. This team is involved in the implementation of effective legislative processes that allow individuals to acknowledge the impact positive risk taking can have in their lives, to be protected from potential and actual risk of harm and to strive towards their desired outcomes. The team works towards the legislative timescales whilst engaging with significant stakeholders to ensure a consistent and robust approach to safeguarding. Presently majority of work is being conducted from home, there may be some need for flexibility to work from Ruthin office on occasions. Position is full time 37 hrs per week. Candidates must either be registered with Social Care Wales or at least be willing to apply for registration if successful.
Denbighshire County Council, located in beautiful North Wales, has a clear vision of being an excellent Council close to the communities. The Council is one of the best performers in Wales
We are committed to ensuring that vulnerable children and young people are effectively supported to reach their full potential, delivered through our effective early help and prevention services, and strong partnerships that ensure safeguarding remains the highest priority for children and young people in Denbighshire.
To help deliver our vision, we need experienced, self-motivated, and innovative social work professionals.
Various opportunities exist to work in the Looked After Team and Intake and Intervention Team.
You will work closely to find solutions and creating change. You will use your skills to carry out assessments, make evidence-based recommendations and decisions for interventions to support vulnerable children achieve positive outcomes.
The successful applicant will have a recognised Social Work qualification i.e. CQSW, CSS or Degree/DipSW and be registered with the Care Council; and have previous experience of working with vulnerable children and families.
The Grade you will be appointed on will be dependant on previous experience.
Our challenging journey is shaping the future of Children’s services, aspiring to be the best. Come and join us to take up the challenge and play a key role within a highly supportive environment, to improve services to children and young people in Denbighshire.
Appointment subject to Disclosure & Barring Service Check and satisfactory references.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the post, please call Christopher Roberts on 01824 712813 or Jamie Pope on 01824 712954
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**