ROLE: Adult Social Worker
CONTRACT: 3 months with potential to be extended
RATE: £20-30ph umbrella
QUALS: Social Work Degree and SWE Registered
This is an exciting opportunity to come and work for Tameside Adult’s Services
We are looking for social workers to join our Neighbourhood and Integrated Urgent Care Teams we are currently offering excellent rates of pay
Post Objectives: To promote independence and well being of adults in Tameside. This may be in a variety of settings such as community neighbourhood team or an Urgent Care Team. Statutory duties will include Assessment, Support planning, Care coordination and Safeguarding Enquiries.
Requirements and expectations:
– To act as named social worker for adults known to adults’ services either in a short term or long term setting.
– To develop a relationship with adults and their families which enables them to meaningfully share their wishes and feelings.
– To work with adults, in a strength based and person centred way to achieve the outcomes they identify.
To recognise assess risk and support adults to assess and minimise risk in the future, in a strength based manner.
– To work with and co-operate effectively with professionals including Health colleagues in an acute and community setting, OT’s, Housing, Mental Health, Providers, Commissioning and other universal services.
– To complete Assessments of Need, Carers Assessments, Mental Capacity Assessments, Best Interest meetings, Risk assessments, Safeguarding Enquiries
– Facilitate discharges from hospital and respond to urgent requests for assessments.
You will be joining an Integrated Social Work team and hold a varied and complex case load ranging from initial assessment, discharge to assess, short term or long term work, direct work with adults and families and Court work.
You will take part in a duty rota and have autonomy in managing your diary and workload whilst having regular supervision and support from a manager.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults.
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the ‘Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**