We are looking for an experienced social worker to join our Transitions Team. The Team provides a statutory social work service to our most vulnerable disabled young people from the ages of 16 to 25 who live across the Cheshire West borough and works at all levels of the continuum of need.
The team is based in Ellesmere port and is co-located with the Children’s Disability Team, SEN and Education Teams to ensure a seamless and consistent service to our most vulnerable children and young people. The Team provides a statutory social work service to children and young people who live across the Cheshire West borough including Chester, Winsford, Northwich and Ellesmere Port districts, a small number of young people are placed out of area so you will be required to travel. We have flexible working with the ability to work both at home and in the office.
We require skilled and experienced social workers who have practice experience of working with children and families in Child Protection and Court Work. You will be expected to cover as duty social worker on a rota basis and have the ability to manage child protection/sec 47 enquiries working alongside partner agencies.
Cheshire West and Chester is rated good by Ofsted. We can guarantee you quality supervision and opportunities for training in house. In addition are teams are a collaborative and a supportive environment. Currently we are working with a hybrid arrangement, combination of home working and office base.
You will receive a parking permit for the locality area and we will also provide IT equipment that will enable you to work virtually, however, you will be required to be office based on a rota basis.
You will be expected to complete ‘face to face’ work with children and families, within the current COVID -19 guidance and practice.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**