We are looking for a passionate, committed social worker to join our Social Worker in Schools Project. This is a Department of Education funded programme which sees 8 social workers based in 8 of our secondary schools in Hull. The social workers work predominantly with children, young people (and their families) who attend their allocated school. Social workers in the team have a capped case load of 15 (although in some circumstance i.e. large family group) this may be up to 17. The children and families supported by the SWIS team, are responsible for managing predominantly CIN and CP cases. There is a small number of children who become looked after, or are subject to PLO. The social worker in school also provides consultations for school staff, and will pick up some early intervention work within the school setting. Although the workers are based in school, they also have a protected day per week, in addition to one day based in the locality service as a team. Social workers received monthly reflective case supervision, in addition to a wide range of learning and development opportunities. This is a fantastic opportunity for any social worker to undertake intensive family work to reduce risk and improve outcomes for children and young people.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**