Qualified social worker required for the assessment and intervention team in Wrexham.
To manage an allocated caseload, which includes the management and decision-making involved with cases, some being high complexity and/or high-risk cases. These may be related to Child protection/ Care & Support/ Deprivation of liberty /cases subject to Court action/ school attendance, providing social worker support to adults / adults at risk and children / children at risk and their families and carers.
To undertake assessments, design care and support plans and other appropriate plans e.g. Education plans and determine the provision of external support from appropriate providers within allocated budget parameters. To work in partnership with all services to ensure best use and deployment of resources.
To adapt and apply Social Worker techniques to ensure approach meets the needs of the individuals/ people needing care and support, their families and carers in need of support and work both independently and in partnership with others. To promote positive outcomes by taking appropriate action in the provision of professional support, advice and decisions to ensure that all individuals referred have a plan based on an assessment of need and that such plans are evidence based, recorded, reviewed and modified as appropriate.
To work to protect the interests, promote and safeguard the welfare of Adults/ adults at risk and children/ children at risk. Where required take actions to safeguard Adults and Children at immediate risk of harm and make decisions in the best interest of the adult/ child.
Postholders allocated to a Team which operates a duty system, will be required to undertake duty on a rota basis, respond immediately and effectively to cases that arise, understanding the recording system to identify the case and those who may/may not be involved including other professionals, undertaking assessments and planning around immediate crisis responses to ensure proportionate response to the situation, whilst recognising and managing potential risks.
To be a role model and share good practice, advice and support to enable team colleagues, new social workers/ students to learn, develop and progress their careers within the team. This will include supervision, assessment and mentoring of social work students / social workers undertaking other social worker qualifications, co-working on cases and supporting the service’s quality assurance by auditing and sampling of files and practice.
Responsible for decision making with regards to individuals’ ‘best interest’, including carrying out best interest assessments (Deprivation of Liberty / liberty protection Safeguards assessments) preparing court reports and attending court where appropriate and is required to alongside Team Manager/ Assistant Team Managers, be responsible for chairing care and support, continuing health care or safeguarding meetings.
Is required to become a specialist social work case worker in two of the following areas:
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards ( Best Interests Assessor) / Liberty Protection Scheme (Approved Mental Capacity Professional – AMCP when implemented)
- Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP)
- Practice Educator/ Practice teacher.
- Children Related Specialisms, e.g. Achieve Best Evidence, Advance Safeguarding / Section 47,
(Other specialisms may be added over time subject to Service needs and as agreed with Chief Officer – Social Care)
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**