Job Title: Personal Outreach Advisor
Full-Time: 37 Hours (shift work including weekends)
Location: Office Based in Bromsgrove but role covers the County as floating support Temporary Opportunity for approx. 6 months.
The Outreach Team, who work with young people in Supported Living aged 16-18 years old heading towards independence are looking for someone to take up a secondment within the team for 6 months to help with maternity cover. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team and get an experience of working with young people within the Supported Living environment.
Our team cover every day of the year on a four week rolling rota of early (8am-4pm) and late (12pm-8pm) shifts and weekend work (two weekends on and two weekends off.)
We are seeking an enthusiastic, creative and experienced individual who will be part of our successful and proactive team, to be motivated in putting the needs of our young people first and be ambitious to develop practices and work responsively to support young people in achieving their potential.
The main duty is to support young people within their Supported Living Homes to achieve their goals and expectations and head towards independence at 18 as they access housing and other services.
Expectations of this role include:
• Support young people who are Looked After and living in or transitioning to Supported Living environments to enable successful transitions to independence. This will include support to a Local Authority Placement or a external placement whilst working in partnership with relevant professionals and agencies.
• Provide assessment and support to young people who are looking to transition from residential care or foster care and/or who are identified as needing a high level of support to either maintain or work towards independence.
• Provide care and support for young people, participating in the assessment of their needs and the implementation of plans for their future.
• Provide assessment and support to young people who are or on the Edge of Care to support breakdown and/or successful transitions to alternative placements or accommodation within a Supported Living environment.
• To provide support in emergency and crisis situations to allocated young people. Qualifications:
• Diploma NVQ3 children & young people workforce or relevant qualification is essential
What’s on offer for the Support Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 2 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**