ROLE: Children’s Social Worker
RATE: £30-35ph umbrella
CONTRACT: 3 month with potential to be extended
Here in Trafford we are ambitious for our children and our practitioners. We want all children and families to benefit from high quality and purposeful relationships with professionals. We believe this will help create the best opportunities to empower change.
Our vision is that at all levels, our interventions make life better for children and families and we have the core value of ‘would this be good enough for my child’
We also believe one of the most effective ways to improve the outcomes for children and families is through providing our practitioners and managers with the best conditions in which they can thrive.
We have recently commissioned our relational practice partners – Strengthening Practice – who will be working alongside us for a minimum of 3 years to help us on our improvement journey. Our vision is to have practitioners and managers who are confident and brave in their practice but also to be held and supported by strong leaders at all levels.
The next steps of our improvement
As part of our improvement journey it has been critical to review the way were are organised to ensure that we have services that make sense in order to meet the needs of our children and families in a more effective way.
This has been a significant step to take but we believe is the right step to maximise our improvement.
We are currently recruiting qualified social workers to all parts of our redesigned service;
Early Help and First Response – This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new service that brings together and aligns our Early Help services with our Front Door of Social Care. These are non- case holding social work roles that are about reaching out into the community, supporting the Early Help pilots, engaging with the Early Help Panels and reach out of the statutory service to enable the right service at the right time to be as early as possible. Do you have partnership skills? Can you take advice and guidance to another level by stepping out and showing how to bring a plan together, assess risk, draw partners together and enable effective intervention to happen without coming in to CSC. Are you confident in your knowledge of risk, of thresholds and able to engage others kindly, building relationships in the community and making a difference for schools? Your knowledge and confidence will be useful in supporting the front door, taking referrals and working alongside First Response Advisors and partners to share information, identify risk and strengths and facilitating work transfer to the right place at the right time.
Families First (localities) – This is our new dedicated Child in Need Service where you will work with children and families that require a social work assessment on a locality basis. We have developed a specialised service in this area of work to allow us to strengthen our assessment and planning for children in need and their families, raising the status of children in need and ensuring a consistent approach across the borough. It is also important that social workers in this service are able to build relational partnerships that strengthen our work and enable the step down of plans where it is safe to do so and in the families’ timescales.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**