This is an exciting opportunity to come and work for Tameside Children’s Services
We are looking for social workers to join our Neighbourhood Teams
Post Objectives: To promote and safeguard the welfare of children in need, looked after children and children in need of safeguarding by means of an effective assessment of need and the co-ordination and provision of appropriate services.
Requirements and expectations:
– To act as named social worker for children known to children’s services under child in need / child protection plans and children subject to care proceedings.
– To develop a relationship with children and young people which enables them to meaningfully share their wishes and feelings.
– To work with families, in order to help identify and implement necessary support to ensure children are able to thrive and develop.
– To ensure children are effectively safeguarded and implement necessary measures to address any risk posed to them.
– To work with and co-operate effectively with professionals including education, health and police.
– To implement and monitor child in need, child protection and looked after care plans for children.
You will be joining a neighbourhood Social Work team and hold a varied and complex case load ranging from initial assessment, direct work with children and families, Court work and formulating and implementing SMART plans.
You will work on a duty rota one in every 3 weeks and have autonomy in managing your diary and workload whilst having regular supervision and support from a Practice Manager for your pod as well as two Team managers for the neighbourhood team.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**