ROLE: Children’s Social Worker
CONTRACT: 3 months with potential to be extended
RATE: £25+ph umbrella tbc
QUALS: Social Work degree and SWE registration
Early Help are recruiting 2x social workers for an initiative to reduce the escalation of risk at the time that parents/carers separate. The initiative seeks to recruit 2 agency social workers to provide advice, guidance and support to parents who are separating. They will act as mediators and produce clear plans for safe contact arrangements that take into account the wishes and feelings of the child. Where there is acrimony the social workers will focus on helping parents to understand the emotional impact of the acrimony on the child and encourage them to work together to arrange safe child centred contact. The workers will have detailed knowledge of the Children Act and the benefits of promoting contact (unless there is a risk to the child). Where there has been domestic abuse, the social workers will have the skills to support the parent when contact does not appear to be in the best interest of the child. When necessary the parents will be referred to seek free legal advice and children will receive the right support to help them to understand why contact is not taking place. The social workers will also identify children who are struggling with parental conflict/separation and ensure they are referred to counselling/therapy or nurturing programmes. This initiative will link closely with the Reducing Parental Conflict (RPC) initiative and tools and skills from this programme will be utilised.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**