GCSE (or equivalent ) Grade 4 (C) or above in English & Maths or equivalent
Educated to HNC level or equivalent and/or professionally qualified in Fire Safety Management or a related discipline and/or the ability to demonstrate relevant experience
NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management (or equivalent)
A qualified and competent Technical Officer (Fire) is required to provide dedicated support in the following areas (not exhaustive):
– Quality assurance checks of Fire Risk Assessments received from external consultant prior to upload to Fire Risk Register
– Monitoring and reporting of Fire Risk Assessment Actions on the Fire Risk Register
– Technical and project management lead on the delivery of remedial works to resolve outstanding Fire Risk Actions, including the creation of technical specifications and associated drawings
– Fire incident investigation
Specific objectives and deliverables will be agreed as part of your annual performance and development review (PDR) process, the points below are a summary of your main duties and responsibilities.
ñ Responsible for the development and implementation of all required policies and procedures in relation to fire safety ensuring compliance with all legislative requirements
ñ Ensure that all relevant information is captured and uploaded into the Compliance Risk Database.
ñ Manage and undertake FRA inspections and programme, including risk management of assets.
ñ Be responsible for identifying the technical solutions for fire safety works, and support investment teams in the delivery of major schemes, repair teams and contractors in the delivery of minor works.
ñ Responsible for liaising with other professional bodies including Building Control and the Fire Service.
ñ Responsible for identifying all fire related risks and issues across the portfolio and design, arrange and oversee the necessary remedial actions and work packages.
ñ Assist the compliance team in monitoring that remedial actions identified through the FRAs are being delivered within a timely manner.
ñ Be an ambassador for fire safety across the organisation and work with Health & Safety and other colleagues to ensure best practice in this area is adopted wherever deemed appropriate.
ñ Direct all operational aspects of relevant business/service area.
ñ Plan, co-ordinate and deploy resources and workload appropriately to meet service and business demands.
ñ Work collaboratively with Service Managers and other General Managers to monitor, analyse and deliver improvements across all relevant performance indicator areas in order to increase customer satisfaction.
ñ Prepare detailed, clearly written reports on key issues. When required present verbal reports to the Senior Leadership Team and/or Board.
ñ Participate in organisation wide service reviews and service planning acting as a lead sponsor as required and ensuring reviews are delivered through to conclusion and any arising recommendations are implemented as appropriate.
ñ Provide vision and leadership to the team by managing people, performance, development, health and wellbeing issues and resources effectively and in line with relevant policies and procedures.
ñ Build a culture to expect change as a part of doing business successfully and actively assists others to adapt and cope.
ñ Contribute to the development of policies and processes across the organisation to ensure that high quality consistent services are delivered.
ñ Provide leadership and direction to the organisation by acting as an ambassador and a positive role model through the promotion of KNH’s purpose, vision, behaviours, achievements and successes.
ñ Deputise for the Service Manager as required.
What’s on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate, paid weekly.
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Opportunities to work remotely
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Previous experience within the same or similar role.
- Along with your 'Right to Work' documents we will need 2-3 references from previous employers.
- Relevant qualifications/certificates.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**